King of Infomercials
Posted on October 21, 2013
I was at an amazing conference in San Diego and one of the key speakers was Kevin Harrington. Kevin basically pioneered the direct response and infomercial category starting back in the late 80’s.
He’s done over 4 billion in sales and a bunch of it was with Tony Little who is still rocking products and he is a billion dollar brand in his own right. How about George Forman, Jack Lalan
Kevin was on one of the original sharks on Shark Tank. Of his 175 appearances he did about 20 deals. He is Chairman of As Seen On TV which sells all infomercial products online and helped establish the Entrepreneurs Association and the Electronic Retailers Association.
Here’s Kevin’s 5 tips to follow in your business.
1. Develop the perfect pitch…30 seconds, 1 minute, and 2 min pitches
2. Publish…you need to have ownership of your niche
3. Productize…you have to unpack your unique value proposition
4. Publicity and profile…be everywhere
5. Create partnerships to help you succeed